Hi -

In the interests of getting away, I am planning to take Amtrak to
Davis next week. Will arrive in Davis shortly after 8am, and return
via Amtrak shortly after 9pm the same day. I have ridden many long and
short rides. Notable recent rides are Grizzly Peak Century (metric
course) and rides up Mt. Diablo and the Berkeley Hills.

Looking for scenic rides in the neighborhood of 40 - 80 miles. May
include desirable waypoints and/or destinations. If the weather is
wet, I will take the Quickbeam (now sporting fenders). If not, I will
ride the custom (fenderless).

I'm comfortable supporting myself with respect to clothing/snacks/
mechanical. That's not to say that I don't appreciate a nice
restaurant or cafe along the route every bit as much as anyone else.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Corwin

P.S.: The Amtrak ticket appears to be flexible enough to allow travel
anytime between the stated times on the ticket. So I have the freedom
of returning as soon as I like.