The loop from Davis over Cantelowe Rd. and back was my favorite ride
back when I lived there (1976 - 1991).  I prefer the ride going
westbound over Cantelow road, both because the climb is more
entertaining (it stair-steps up, rather than doing the bulk of the
climbing in one steepish shot), and because the slightly downhill run
northbound on Pleasant Valley Rd. makes for a nice few miles at
speed.  It's about 60 miles round trip.  There are shops and
restaurants in Winters you can hit outbound and/or returning, and
water and restrooms available at Lake Solano Park at about the 40 mile
mark.

If you need some really stupid climbing, you can head south on
Pleasant Valley and go up Mix Canyon.  It's a dead-end road with
pitches up to something like 18%.  Ouch!

Bill