Patrick:

You are a creative man of style!  But wouldn't the Pletscher from
Rivendell ($34!) do the same job with the added bonus of providing yet
another place to lash on even more stuff?  I realize it wouldn't have
been as much fun as figuring it all out, drilling the holes, etc.
Hey, if you got it right the first time, you're way ahead of me.
Stuff like like that I always mess up at least the first time (and
sometimes the second) & have to re-do.

dougP