Pletscher? What, and prevent me from re-inventing the wheel? Also, it's
expensive at over four times the cost, plus SH. But seriously, the real
reason is that why I didn't just keep the Tubus Logo rack formerly on the
Fargo: I've not found any rack that will clear fenders over 60+ mm tires --
and I don't want to limit my tire size. Also, I can remove this support
when I remove the fenders in dry weather and simply use a bungee or cord to
keep the center off the wheel -- the bag will have another 3 cm or so of
clearance with the fender gone.

Disclosure: I got the support itself right the first time, but the
centering strut along the fender had to be done twice.