On Jan 5, 2012, at 6:12 AM, Steve Hemmelgarn <trekcommu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The original Bontrager rims developed cracks at the spoke holes so I built
> Dyad wheels with a SON hub for generator lights.

Interesting. Same thing happened to mine, but Trek paid for the wheel under
warranty, so I had the LBS that dealt with the claim put an Alex Adventurer rim
on, which had a close enough diameter to just move over the spokes without even
unlacing it, and the rest they put on my account as a store credit.   (in my
second picture you can see that the rear wheel is black)

> Can't say enough positive things about having headlight and tailights
> available at all times!

I did put a dynamo on my AHH, but went with a cheap 1W light because I wasn't
sure if I'd like the hub. I'll probably upgrade the light, as it works well.

> The Hunq is a vast improvement over the Trek. It has that "Rivendell" ride
> where the Trek was solid but kind of dead.

Yes, exactly!!  I've always felt like it was dead. No spirit at all, just flat.

> Still keeping the Trek as it has a lot of sentimental value and was there
> before I drank the Rivendell Kool-aid.

Funny. For years the Trek was the bike to get on many forums.  I wanted one for
years. I remember a trip to Seattle once, sitting in the car waiting for
somebody, and watching all of the bikes go by in the rain and noticing that a
not insignificant number if them were 520s. When I finally got it, I was a bit
disappointed.

Rex