Well, these last few posts are interesting in that I'm keeping a watch out
for a touring bike (or f/f) for my daughter.  Of course the 520 has been
high on the list, but maybe overpriced in the used market.  A Riv is out of
the question for economic reasons, so are there other older tourers that
you folks would suggest?  We're not in a position to buy immediately, and I
will probably repost a similar question down the line.  But I  thought I'd
bring it up since it seems relevant here.  Steve