Well, this'll give away my own NE Indiana roots, but I'll opt for
"Little Turtle."  He was Miami Tribe leader during the early settling
of the upper Midwest and figured into the French-Indian War and the
War of 1812.  I especially liked him because he was clever enough to
realize that he could charge a toll for those traders needing to
portage from the Maumee River to the Wabash River in order to continue
their travels West.  My second favorite would be "Tecumseh," but I
suppose that would sound too much like a lawn mower engine and would
probably initiate a copyright suit.  You can read lots about either of
these two on the Web