I use the new Toplight line steady tail light. The horizontal bar
helps drivers judge distance and it is as bright as any auto tail
light. I also use a Princeton Tec Swerve on my helmet ( the switch is
easy to manipulate when riding with winter gloves) that I turn on
when I suspect a driver is not aware. This high helmet mounted tail
light is good in hilly areas and when riding in traffic. I also have a
backup Planet bike tail light on my Carradice bag should the others
fail. My tires have reflective sidewalls and my Showers Pass jacket
has reflective areas on it. I also use a ankle reflector. On the front
is my new IQ Fly 24 and my helmet has the Serfas 150 lumen battery
light that I use on low (50 lumens and still bright) for seeing around
corners before turning or to blast drivers who high beam me. I also
have red reflector tape on my fenders and white reflector tape on the
head tube. I figure if I can't be seen at night with this set up the
driver is drunk, high or blind.