I scratched up a Brooks pretty bad once on some rocks. Just applied
some Proofide and over time it's blended in pretty well. 3,000 miles
later, I can barely see it! :-)

On 3/18/12, CycloFiend <cyclofi...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> on 3/17/12 4:46 PM, Brett Lindenbach at brett.lindenb...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I am used to people admiring my Bleriot around town, and it is not
>> atypical
>> for me to exit a shop to find someone gawking at my bike.  A few times
>> even
>> noticed some college kids taking pictures of it as I sipped my coffee
>> inside.
>> Was disappointed the other day when I came out to find that someone had
>> marred
>> my Brooks saddle.  I could chalk it up to beausage, but it makes me
>> unhappy.
>> What's the best way to buff it out?
>
> I have those crop up from time to time - other bike brake levers, unseen
> edges, etc. - I usually just ride it out rather than worry about it
> specifically.  I do find that different contact material tends to have a
> different effect on the leather.  The MUSA Knickers seem to leave a nice
> burnished, higher gloss finish than regular riding shorts.
>
> YMMV...
>
> - J
>
> --
> Jim Edgar
> cyclofi...@earthlink.net
>
> Cyclofiend Bicycle Photo Galleries - http://www.cyclofiend.com
> Current Classics - Cross Bikes
> Singlespeed - Working Bikes
>

> "Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do
> it."
>     Mahatma Gandhi

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

**
“I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an
America that’s the America millions of Americans believe in. That’s
the America I love.”