On Mar 24, 8:34 am, Jim Thill - Hiawatha Cyclery <thill....@gmail.com>
wrote:
> We did a 10-->8 "Shimergo" conversion recently. If we set it up to shift in
> the middle of the cassette, indexing was suboptimal at the top and bottom of
> the range. The customer brought it back to us several times for fine-tuning
> before giving up on the idea. Maybe I missed some subtle nuance to making it
> work flawlessly, but in my experience it only kinda works. Probably voids any
> warranty.

What kind of cassette/derailer, Jim?  Just curious.  I have the best
results with a short-cage (Ultegra), currently shifting a 12-30t on a
single ring set-up.  I also get really smooth precise shifting with a
medium cage XTR rapid-rise (which I actually like for the ergo levers
- lets me shift to higher gears from the drops, and sweep up to lower
gears with a single big push of the thumb).  anyway, just wondering if
longer cages are more finicky for shimergo.