I think of my 650B Sam as a Volvo station wagon.

I don't really know for going fast, but as my commute bike I always
thought the Sam was relatively fast. I could squeeze out my 25 mile
commute in just a smudge under an hour and fifteen minutes, fully
loaded with laptop, tools, clothes, whatever. That's if I was
motivated to get home in time for dinner.

Then I rode a real go fast bike for the first time--a mid 80s custom
Bruce Gordon race bike. That thing felt like a Porsche 911 to my Sam
Volvo 240. Now, my favorite car ever was a 240, but I never thought of
it as fastish.