Well I just ran an experiment for you. I had an Aardvark cover over the B17
on my Quickbeam, with a plastic bag over the cover as an extra layer. I
guess the wind blew the bag off at some point during the afternoon. The
bike has been out in the rain for hours. The Aardvark cover is soaked, but
underneath, the saddle is dry.

I won't make a habit of relying soley on the Aardvark though. I generally
like to use a shower cap or plastic bag as a final external layer.

Lee
SF, CA