On Mar 28, 5:22 pm, islaysteve <alkire...@verizon.net> wrote:
> I'm short, I'm old, and I'm slow.  I ride a 51 Bleriot and drive an '06
> Miata.  Life is good, I'm happy.  Steve

Me too!  Well, mostly.  I ride a 51 proto bleriot and a 50 saluki and
drive an '06 Honda Element.  That's at 5'2" and a PBH of 76 if I
remember correctly.

The one thing that I find a challenge about my little bikes is
clearance between the saddle and a rack/fender for a biggish saddle
bag, lil loafer in back, or a wald basket.  Mostly I've gotten it to
work and Mark's Rack is a god-send for a custom fit in the back.  I
had a battle getting a new Tubus Airy (which I am really liking for a
go-less-slow bike) to fit on the chain-stay upper braze-ons because
they were narrow, and forget about a pletscher on the little guys
(does anyone have a secret about mounting one on a 50 frame?).  A
Carradice Barley is a great traditional saddlebag for a low saddle
that has good room for daily use.

And I agree with Pam.  It's so hard to find a great-fitting beautiful
little bike that once you find one, it does become a forever bike.

liesl the-bike-lingerer in minneapolis