I was wondering if anybody is using modern 10 speed derailers with friction
shifting?  I have some Ultegra 6700 derailers and was thinking about
replacing the aging LX long cage rear on my Sam Hillborne with it.  I may
replace the Sugino crank and install the Ultegra crank too but don't really
know about that yet, I'm more interested in using the derailers.  I am
using Phil Rivy hubs with a 7 speed freewheel in the rear, Sram 8 speed
chain and shifting using Silver bar end shifters.  Any issues with using 10
speed derailers with 8 speed chain or 7 speed freewheel that you can think
of? (the LX was always a bit too long in the cage area and the gearing I am
using I can get away with a medium cage like the Ultegra I have so I don't
see that as too much of an issue.)