I have two Rivendell bikes that I love.  They are both superb and fit
me perfectly, but I'm moving and consolidating and it occurs to me
that maybe 8 bikes is more than one guy really needs.

So - whichever sells first is the one I will get rid of.  General
info: both frames are in excellent condition with a little riding wear
and the usual tiny paint nicks from gravel and careful use, no
crashes.  If you are looking for collector mint, these aren't the
right ones, but if you are looking for solid, loved, lightly used, and
well-maintained bikes, please read on.  Your choice for $3K delivered
east of the Mississippi - if you are elsewhere we can work out
something reasonable.  Please email me for pics: roberto (dot)
cipriano (at) gmail (dot) com.

63cm A Homer Hilsen in the classic blue/cream paint.  I had the S&S
couplers installed after-market by Bilenky for about $1K including the
repaint which is flawlessly matched, I am the original owner.  Sugino
triple crank, 9 speed rear casette, Silver downtube shifters,
shellacked cloth bar tape, Tektro long reaach side-pull calipers, VO
hammer fenders, Nitto Noodle bar (I think it's 42 wide), no pedals,
and the spare wheel on the rack in the rear is not included!  Wheels
are Phil Wood rear hub 36 holes on Velocity O/C rim, front hub is
Schmidt Dyno hub 36 hole on matching Velocity rim to rear, but not O/C
since it's in the front!  Includes a Schmidt E6 light and bracket,
Brooks sprung saddle in brown that shows a little wear, but has years
of life in it and has been maintained regularly with proofide,
Schwalbe 32mm tires, wheels built by Peter White Cycles.  Phil Wood
BB.

60cm Bombadil - built like a serious touring bike - last of the
parallel top tubes, I am the original owner!!! Phil Wood front and
rear hubs, with 40 spokes laced to Velocity Dyad rims, VO hammered
fenders, Sugino Triple crankset, Phil BB, shimano 9 speed rear
derailleur and casette with Shimano barcons, shellacked cloth bar
tape, Nitto noodle bar (I think it's 42 wide), Schwalbe marathon
tires, Brooks B17 special (copper rivets) saddle, shows a little wear
but has been maintained with proofide.  Clear coat paint finish shows
the metal construction and brazing underneath - it's gorgeous and it's
not rusting.  I think that whole controversy was a red herring
anyway.  Tubus racks NOT included in price, but available for extra.