Thought of Barley until I purchased a Nelson Longflap.......and glad I
did. The Barley would be too small except in ideal weather (for me) In
the summer I use a Banana bag for tools,tube, wallet and phone but in
the rainy Northwest I need capacity for rain gear and a change of
clothing etc. for the other nine months of the year. I imagine a
Barley would be a nice bag to leave on all year with perhaps another
(maybe a front bag) to supplement. I rack my Nelson now and am in the
process of building a spartan rack / bag support / light mount. This
rack will be made with the idea of adding and extension piece for a
full rack when I want to camp or whatever. Still working on the
design.......with bags more is better when you actually want to carry
stuff. When you go big you find stuff to carry that you might actually
need or want to make cycling more enjoyable and less of a "stranded in
the middle of nowhere without what you need athletic event."   ; )