Yanking this thread violently in my own direction: RANT: about people
who, when they see a FS post, immediately scream, "OH! I wannit! I
wannit!!!" And then, after you patient answer questions and send
photos, disappear into the neant.

I don't mind people backing out. I've done it myself a few times. What
I mind is the rudeness that doesn't bother to ask, "I've changed my
mind -- do you mind?" and simply slinks off into the outer darkness
without another word. The few times I've backed out, I always ask if
the seller will permit me to do so and I append an offer to follow
through with the purchase if the seller insists. My request to change
my mind has not been turned down and the sellers all have seemed
willing to let me back out. I do this only rarely; usually, even when
I have second thoughts I go through with the promise to pay and
purchase.

Note: I believe that backing out of a commitment to buy even after
asking and being granted permission is at least slightly flakey, so I
am guilty thus far of flakiness myself, but just disappearing is not
excusable.

This does not happen only on the RBW list, of course, it's all over,
but it is damn'd rude!

Rant over; back to your regular programming.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Kris <kkjellqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Still available...thanks to an individual who appears to have flaked out the
> bike is now boxed and ready to ship.
>
> $1300 + shipping.

A billion stars go spinning through the night
Blazing high above your head;
But in you is the Presence that will be
When all the stars are dead.

Ranier Maria Rilke, Buddha in Glory