I have a bit of Goldilocks syndrome w/ tires. I know the perfect one has to
be out there somewhere... I've run thousands of miles with Rollies/Tuffies
and a few hundred w/ Grand Bois (both 27 and 30mm). The GBs feel absolutely
divine. Like *nothing *else out there. But more goat head punctures than
normal, and "chunks" were quickly being taken out of the tires. Just too
delicate for *my *needs. The RP/RTs in comparison *feel *clunky and the RTs
in particular are noticeably slower (non-scientific coasting test down my
street). Over time the tread also separates from the casing, but that may
be particular to my situation.

To be honest, I haven't found a perfect tire smaller than 33.3mm. Both Jack
Brown Greens and Pasela 35mm are absolutely fantastic for me, minus
goathead protection (and that's w/ TourGuard tires). I just had a puncture
last night from one of them. The JBs slow my steering a little bit on my
go-fast bike built for 28mm, but that's the only issue I've had with them.
I don't know if that's due to extra mass or change in pneumatic trail from
the extra ~5mm.

In the end you're just going to have to put some $$$ out and try to find
what works for you. If it doesn't fit your needs, you can easily re-sell
the tires and try something else.