Continued.....

"The chainstays are OX PLAT, with the odd wall thickness of 0.76mm. Normal
would be 0.7 to 0.9, with 0.8 being really common, but these are 0.76. Odd,
but fine. They’re good chainstays.

The seat stays are Reynolds double-tapered HT CrMo (725). TruTemp doesn’t
make double-tapered seat stays, and the Hilsen doesn’t NEED them, but I
like them and the Hilsen is our pride and joy, so we get them from Reynolds.

The fork blades are Reynolds, too. We like this blade better than any
other. It’s not heat-treated. I don’t like heat-treated fork blades,
because I think in a front-end crash, the forks should bend before the
downtube does. Sometimes both go—-you never can tell—but when you’ve got an
OX Plat down tube, a non-heat treated fork makes sense.

All of our lugs and bb shells and fork crowns and most of our dropouts are
our own, meaning made just for us and of our design. They are as good as
lugs can be, I think, but they can’t make a badly designed or poorly brazed
frame good. Since our frames are well-designed (my opinion) and brazed, it
makes sense to use really find fittings, and that’s why we do it."