FWIW:

While chatting w/ Riv folks awaiting my Bomba's arrival, they told me a lot
about how its built.   The diagonal mid-tube is the same as the top tube;
and the seat tube is also the same tubing, which gets sized (why it has a
26.8 instead of a 27.2 seatpost); those and the downtube are all OX PLAT.
Waterford builds the frames, the lugs/tubes assembly, but then Mark N. adds
on the curva-stays that run from the diagonal at the middle of the seat
tube to the stays (to a seat stay on one side, the other side to a
chainstay).  Took awhile for the frame to get built, as they had a new lug
coming for doing the diagonal;  but the extra time meant the new wider
fork-crown arrived, too;  which is why the NeoMoto 2.3's fit with lots of
leftover clearance.