A little blue Loctite on the bolt's threads will fix this problem.

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 7:22 PM, pam <pamelamurra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This happens occasionally on mine too.  I just tighten it and it's
> fine.  I thought that's the way they work.  I'll be taking it in for a
> tuneup and have them looked at.  It only happens once every few months
> and I just tighten a slight bit.  I thought they just worked
> themselves loose over time.  Tell me if they are defective.
>

> On Apr 23, 1:27 pm, Lynne Fitz <fitzb...@comcast.net> wrote:
> > I have the Silver shifters (bar end) on my bike.  They, not to put to
> > fine a point on it - slip.  All of a sudden I'll be on the smallest
> > cog, usually when I don't want to be there.  I did just replace the
> > washers, and reefed them down tightly.  They still slip.  It is very
> > strange - they'll slip, then they'll stay where I put them for a good
> > long while, then they'll slip again.  If I pull the rear shifter all
> > the way up (largest cog), it will usually re-engage.  For awhile,
> > anyway.
> >
> > I am wondering if it really is the shifters, or some other part in the
> > system (cable, rear der).  The bike is going in to the shop, but if
> > there is any wisdom out there, I'd very much like to hear it.
> >
> > Thanks much!

Patrick Moore, Albuquerque, NM
For professional resumes, contact Patrick Moore, ACRW
http://resumespecialties.com/index.html

A billion stars go spinning through the night
Blazing high above your head;
But in you is the Presence that will be
When all the stars are dead.

Rainer Maria Rilke, Buddha in Glory