Rob - great story, and I can relate!  I received my 54cm Hunqapillar
today.  It's gorgeous!  The packing job was impeccable, and I got some
doodle art on the box, as well.

I am in between sizes, so I originally rode a 54 and 58 while visiting Riv
HQ last summer.  Since I will be primarily using this for camping/off-road
as a foil for my AHH, I decided on the smaller frame size.  I really liked
the 54 with a moustache setup, so when I heard they were nearly out of the
original color, I had to pick one up.  Brian Tester helped out (he has a
54cm Hunq too).  I started the build today, but am waiting on a few parts.
Here's the pics so far:

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjzeCUFj

BTW - I put a Haulin' Colin rack (http://www.haulincolin.com/porteur.html)
that was originally designed for the newish Rawland rSogn on it.  It fits
just right, and makes a really solid mount the front.  He is doing another
batch soon, and was wondering if he should market this rack to Rivendell
owners.  I would say yes at this point - no modification is necessary on
the Hunqapillar, and if the hourglass mounts are in the same place on the
other Riv canti models, it should be a go for them, as well.

Brian
Seattle, WA