The double top-tube thing has been available on Rivendells for a long time
I think, going way back to larger-sized customs, but first appearing on
standard models with the AHH in larger sizes (67cm and up) if I'm not
mistaken.     Then around 2009 the Bombadil came standard with it, to
're-triangulate' the frame due to the expanded geometry and tall head
tube.