Do you have the braze-on kind, or the one with the adapter for center hole?
The braze on kind are a cinch to center up, but the center bolt takes a bit
of work. Play with the tension on each side and see if that does anything.
You have to hold the flats pretty tight or it'll turn when you tighten up
the 5mm bolt.

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Peter Morgano <uscpeter11...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hmm, if the springs are the same tension is it just that the brake is
> uneven, ie not squared over the middle of the tire, this can be a common
> problem with centerpulls, as you tension it down it tends to rotate,
> leaving it uneven on the pads, a solution for this is to line it up with
> the nut loose then have a friend squeeze the lever really hard while you
> tension it down. As for soft feeling in front brake and bottoming out on
> the bars that is more of a feature of the cables, are you using cheapies or
> do you have too much slack in the system?  I have this problem with the
> rear when I do a re-cabling because of the long run but usually in the
> front not so much.  Sorry if these are simple fixes you have tried already.
>
> On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 11:11 PM, Brian Campbell
> <bdcampbel...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Uneven distance from the rim for the pads, even with the springs set to
>> the same tension. Front lever feels soft and can almost reach the bar when
>> squeezed hard. Front brake seems as if it should have more stopping power.
>>

>> On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM, Peter Morgano
>> <uscpeter11...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Somewhat confused,  what do you mean by setup and why would you have to
>>> do it more than once or twice?  What issue are you having specifically?

>>>  --
>>>

>>  --
>>

>  --

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

**
“I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America
that’s the America millions of Americans believe in. That’s the America I
love.”