Greetings from Durham, NC!

At long last, I am happy to be able to share a "new" bike build pic with
you. It's not a Riv, but I hope you'll indulge me nonetheless. :-)

Why is "new" in quotes?  Well, my Surly LHTrucker isn't new, it's a 2007.
 And, I didn't buy it new, nor is it even new-to-me, I got it in 2009.

But, as some of you may know, the maroon 2007 Truckers had notoriously bad
powdercoating.  It was already flaking badly when I bought it in Feb 2009,
so going into the purchase, I knew I would ultimately want to re-powdercoat
the bike.  And, in the few years since, I have learned a bit more about my
cycling, and improvements I would like to make to the bike.

First, I wish it had a kickstand plate like some other well-designed bikes
we know and love.  And second, I really missed the stem shifters to which I
grew accustomed while riding my old Panasonic.

So, I added an upgrade project to the inevitable powdercoating project and
this spring, I had shifter bosses added to the headtube and a proper
kickstand plate added where only a kickstand plate ought be added.

The build was just completed by a local shop (wish I knew how to do such
things - someday maybe) and they sent me a pic.  I pick up my Trucker this
evening.  It will be a struggle for me to be anything but worthless this
afternoon.  :-)

Riv content:  Silver shifters, Newbaum's bar tape, Nitto bar end plugs and
the "Just Ride" spirit.

My "new" blue Trucker (with maroon bar tape) can be seen here:
http://goo.gl/ddroS

Cheers
Jack

--