To me, road tubeless has most of the disadvantages of both clinchers and
tubulars, without enough benefits.  Clinchers with tubes are easy to
service, easily available at many price points, and come in a wide range of
widths and casings.  Tubulars aren't cheap and take some time and care to
glue up, but allow for lighter wheels, including carbon rims with a much
greater safety margin than carbon clinchers, ride more comfortably for a
given width, and don't pinch flat easily.  Road tubeless requires tires
that are not easily available locally for most of us, aren't cheap, have
few choices, require clincher rims that aren't as light as tubulars, can be
a pain to get mounted and sealed, are a mess to deal with if a repair is
needed on the road, and won't quite ride like tubulars.

If I had the cash to spend, I'd rather ride some light carbon tubular
wheels (ideally with disc brakes), use Tufo tape for mounting, and carry a
little bottle of sealant than mess with tubeless.  I don't, so alloy rims,
clinchers and tubes are where I plan on being for quite a while to come.

Bill