That nonchalantness only applies to the durability factor. They're not
single-speed chains so they will experience lateral forces during
shifts and when run cross-chained. So I'll be more worried about the
things flying apart and me suddenly being able to hit the high notes
than wearing out those chains prematurely, not that I'm saying that
those chains are unsafe...