I am generally relieved that the book hasn't been panned more and worse. An
old friend didn't like it on Amazon, and that hurt me deeply, but I'm
trying to get over that, and that hurt has been more than all balmed-up by
the generally positive response here and other places.
I'm always described as polarizing or divisive, which is a funny thing to
read. In print, even here, I tend to not dance around  points I'm trying to
make, and I don't qualify things with IMHO or whatever. But most of the
book IS opinion, and I hope nobody thinks it's all-or-nothing. I DO believe
it all, but I don't expect 100 percent compliance or agreement or anything.
Some of my best friends ride clipless and dress in spandex and grind away
long long miles, and they're no fools. I do fear for the ones who ride
carbon forks, though---and maybe carbon has gotten better, but snapping is
still common, and the nature of the failures has not changed.
Anyway.......I really hope I don't offend anybody with my opinions. I think
there has been and is an unhelpful emphasis on racer-like riding as a goal
for us all---the idea that we suffer and get stronger and leaner in payment
for the the suffering, and that we have so much to learn from racers. I
really do think all that is bs. But anyway....there's no Kool-Aid to drink
here. Just stuff to consider, whatever, and reject whenever rejection seems
the way to go. Over and out on that, but thank you all for however much
you've liked the book.