Living through this last weekend's Seattle to Portland bike ride was pretty
great, and there were quite a few Riv spottings along the way. There was a
couple with two...Atlanti, Atlantises...whatever, a couple Rams at least,
and I think I spotted a Bleriot. Non compared to the Sam I saw while
waiting in the UW parking lot for the bike trucks to unload. It was a new
color 56 with double top tubes of course, nitto front and rear racks, Nigel
Smythe front and rear tweed excellence, Brooks of course, Silver shifters,
SON dynohub, Edelux (I believe) light, and the list goes on. It really was
the ultimate expression of a Sam for me. What's worse is that it made mine
look like a wretch. Mine has all the sam SORT of stuff, but just the low
brow versions of...everything. I think the bell was even better. Hopefully
it made it back to its owner, because it was there for at least 2 1/2 hours
while I was waiting, and I left at maybe 11:45pm.