Hey Scot,
Everything from the paint up is nearly frivolous and unimportant. I mean,
the difference. There is beauty in low-brow, and it's hard to talk about it
with precision, because there are so many other associations that lead you
astray. Even "low-brow," although we all know what you mean. The "beauty"
in it is the same kind of beauty there is in a Little League home run
compared to a Major League homer. Nobody could say it's any less, and in
its own way it's even more. Also, don't discount the "everybody's bike is
cooler and rides better than mine" phenomenon. Obviously if the bike
doesn't fit or there's something wrong with it, but there is absolutely a
tendency to wish you had what you don't. The new Sams are no better than
the early ones. Not even by an atom!