On Sunday, August 5, 2012 6:04:46 PM UTC-5, ted wrote:

>  The Rodeo is targeted at club
> racer riding, and for that it sorta makes sense to have the same size
> wheels as everybody else.

While I personally have no problem carrying my own tubes and patches (and
an honest to goodness pump for crying out loud...), I've been thinking
recently about what to get for my daughter who has expressed an interest in
club riding at college. I had exactly the same thought - she's only 5'3"
and short legged at that, and I think 650B is the bees' knees, but for what
she wants to do, I think 700C will be better. Steve says there won't be
wheel swaps, but her frame will have a lot of clearance. If one of her
cohorts bangs a wheel out of true, she'll be able to put it in her frame
and they can all ride home :-)  (Don't laugh ... it could have happened
with me and a friend. Fortunately I was able to bang his wheel back
straight enough that it would fit in his carbon fork.)