Jan has tried to explain that, mainly he came up with the term when he was
first thinking about the issue, IIRC.  He borrowed the term from boating.

One problem is that what's stiff to Jan and Mark might be noodly to me, since I
am probably 60 lbs heavier and 6" taller than they are.  My "fastest" bike
(according to my average speeds, anyway, but again there are too many
uncontrolled variables) is my Ritchey, which also has the stiffest BB due to
the ovalized seat tube.