Having made one negative entry on this, let me add that on two points Jan
is absolutely right.

I've been riding Grand Bois Cerf Green this summer and have found them to
be outstanding - fast, comfortable and puncture resistant.  Much nicer tire
than either the Pasella or Ruffy Tuffy (I've never user the RP version.)

He's also absolutely right about frame flex and planning. There is a sweet
spot that synchronizes rider and bike.  I will also grant that this spot is
easier to hit with many traditional standard guage  tubes than with some
modern OS tubing, however the latter is quite possible.  My Rambouilllet
with OS tubing and my custom 1988 Marinoni stage racing frame (a bike with
a world championship on its resume) offer amazingly similar rides. This is
especially noticable in Vt's rolling countryside.

OTH, I don't get the cold forged vs cnc argument.  The only crank that has
ever failed for me was a cold forged Sugino, and that after 25 years of use
the whole rounded out.  I would bet that when a crank does break it's
almost always  due to a mfg. defect.  No process is ever 100% consistent
and every process will produce some failures. CNC cranks and brakes are
plenty strong enough to start and stop all my bikes for much longer than I
will own them.

Michael