BIG OWIES!!

Glad you are largely OK.
Heal Quickly, &
Slay the pain

From: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com [rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com] on
behalf of Liesl [li...@smm.org]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 5:10 PM
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Subject: [RBW] RivChicaWarrior goes down!

I, too like Eric, have succumbed to the bad road surface. Took a right turn on
to a side street with fresh "seal coat" which is a euphemism for small
extremely sharp bits of gravel the consistency of crushed glass mixed with tar
and dry dirt. Went down on the drive side on the protovelo. At least Erin was
far enough behind me so she and the Quickbeam didn't go down as well. Bloody
knee, bloody arm, just shy of a broken collarbone. Erin takes one look at my
arm and sets into motion an entire day of urgent care. When I finally got in to
see a someone who 1) was in my insurance network and 2) could sew stitches, the
doctor went back and forth between calling the gash on my arm "the Grand
Canyon" and "the Alps". Much scrubbing and senescing--in addition to chunks of
stone, the even found a bug crawling around!  Nine big stitches and 7 hours
later, I am resting on the porch with ibuprofen and Jameson's--a winning
combination. I have led a rambunctious life to date, but this was the first
time I had to get stitched up. Thank heavens the Riv came through fine; just a
few scratches. All in all, no boken bones and no broken bike. I was lucky.
Advice?  As you turn, mind the pavement  for sand, leaves, and viscous nasty
seal coat.

Limpily yours,
Liesl