Yeah, the Peregrine is a cool idea, and very beautiful... a similar Riv
version would be even *beautifuler...*

The world may not be quite ready for hydraulic disc brakes on drop bar
bikes, but that needs to change... Quick stopping ability on a bike is far
too important. Shimano makes a fine hydraulic brifter for upright bars, but
they need to take this idea a step further and adapt it to drop bars. I run
only hydraulic discs on my mountain bikes (strictly for offroad use), but
I've also built up 2 Salsa Fargos primarily for road use with hydraulic
brifters on (upright) H-bars. The only way to describe them would be 'high
performance bliss'... they're simply the best, and they instill confidence
with their quick stopping power in all conditions.  I love my cantis and
v-brakes, but in truth they're a compromise... they're adequate, but
they'll never come close to the performance of hydraulic discs.

I don't love my Bomba and S1 any less because they have V-brakes, but if
Riv offered a disc version, I'd seriously consider trading up for that.

Peace,
BB