I have a Bleriot and a Saluki as well, and I ended up here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pguillam/6013553180/in/photostream

650B conversion works just fine with a V-brake, and the bike is great. I
grab it regularly for errands, kids futball games, and for meetings. I work
from home but meet customers and colleagues frequently around Seattle, and
EVERYTHING I need goes in the sacks without a thought.

It's also nice to know that in a few years when my two boys match my height
and steal my Saluki and AHH, I can un-hitch the Xtracycle kit and build the
Bleriot back into some new incantation in an afternoon.

FWIW, Bullmoosy or the new bars would make this a better ride, but the old
Nitto stem and bars (co-labeled as Suntour XC) from a 1985 Cannondale
mountain bike work great, and I like the way they look, so I haven't
changed 'em.