Portland is the obvious leader in terms of infrastructure, and adoption of the
cycling culture, in terms of alternative transportation.

That said, it's economy is so-so, compared with Minneapolis or D.C.  These will
have to be the places where this total integration is showcased for people to
sit up and take notice. Minneapolis more so, because D.C. will always have the
stigma of having easy gov't money thrown at it.

A fair(er) weather Minneapolis would be ideal. When a working father of 3, for
example, decides to start commuting down to the plant or job-site, by bike
instead of the F-150, whenever weather permits, we'll be onto something.

Sent from my iPad