Get the 54cm - long top tube makes it bigger.  I rode both and liked the
54cm just fine - I didn't notice the 58 being stiffer with the extra tube.
 I think it's down to esthetics, but they have very similar reaches.  With
50mm tires, the standover of the 54cm is very similar to my Hilsen.  Love
this bike!  Nice setup.  Mine rides like it's on rails, and nothing beats
the roar of the hunqapillar!

https://stonehog.wordpress.com/2012/09/18/hunqapillar-porteur/

Brian
Seattle, WA