Not that curious.  It's advice concerning weight on the hands, not power.
Peter White has an excellent explanation of why this works, but he also says
that it's not for everyone.  Personally I find it more comfortable well back
but if I'm working harder (i.e. trying to go fast, or at least what passes for
fast for me) I tend to slide forward some.  I will say that I've noticed the
difference on a bike that wasn't changed except for the addition of the VO seat
post - it took a noticeable amount of pressure off of my hands.

-Ken