The B177 sounds just like the Nitto 185 with 95 mm of reach and 140 mm of
drop. I used to like the 185s and rode them for years (albeit in 42 cm
size); their great defect was the short ramp, especially if you -- as you
know you should -- keep the ends parallel to Mother Earth. But now find the
longer reach and shallower drop (115/125) Maes Parallels with longer ramps
noticeably more comfortable.

Velo Orange sells a bar with the same reach and drop, tho' not as nice as
the Super Nitto finish of the Grand Bois Parallels.

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 7:45 PM, rw1911 <rw1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Somewhat related, but without hijacking the below "Drop Bar
> Suggestions" thread...
>
> I have 46cm Noodles on two bikes.  I like them fine but wonder if
> there is something to the flaring on the Randonneur.  (hand
> position(s) and long ride comfort)
>
> If you stand relaxed with your eyes closed and place your arms in
> front of you, you'll notice that your hands are angled in a bit. (at
> least mine are)  With this, it would seem that the flaring of the
> Randonneur would provide a more natural hand position.  I wonder if
> this is true in real life?
>
> B-177 Noddle (46, 26.0) reach of 95 mm C-C and drop of 140 mm C-C
> B-135 Rando (45, 25.4)  reach of 105 mm C-C and a drop of 120 mm C-C
> B-136 Rando (44, 26.0) reach of 110 mm C-C and a drop of 125 C-C.
> While 1 cm narrower than the B-135, the specs I'm looking at show that
> the hoods would be 1 cm wider than the B-135, indicating more flare?
>
> Can anyone comment with their real-world experience using both (all
> three) bars?

"Believe nothing until it has been officially denied."
                                                   -- Claude Cockburn