When I was touring this summer with Adventure Cycling, part of the
group gear was three plastic dishpans we used for washing dishes. At
first they seemed like a nuisance, but when I volunteered to carry
them, the utility became obvious. I carried them, neatly nested, face
up on my front rack, held on by a cargo net. That space ended up being
useful for carrying things that needed not to be squashed, like a loaf
of bread, an apple pie or two bags of local cherries. And then around
the edges I could shove extra clothes that I took off during the day
or other things I wanted handy.

So I had my matching Ortlieb handlebar bag and panniers, and then dishpans.

I may carry a dishpan next time I tour. It was very useful both on the
road and in camp.

--
-- Anne Paulson

My hovercraft is full of eels