I too would like to see how you mount the home-mades.

As I've said before, the most practical grocery panniers I've used were two
pairs I made from $4-on-sale kitchen trash cans from Target. It's just that
I felt so self conscious riding around with *trashcans* hooked to my bike.
I've still got a pair if anyone cares to come by and pick them up, (My next
door neighbor has the other permanently attached to the cheap Schwinn World
Traveller grocery bike I sold him for $50, and uses them regularly.)

(My trashcanpanniers were held together as a pair in the manner of "Dutch"
panniers with nylon webbing and to mount you just slung them over the rack
and used a toe strap to hold them in place fore-and-aft.)

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Don <donl...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Tom,
> I would like to see all the pics you have especially the
> hardware/attachment setup you used.
> Thanks,
> Don
>

> On Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:32:14 AM UTC-4, tdusky wrote:
>>
>> I just did the ride with Kelly and company and I really liked my Fresh
>> Step Panniers.
>> They cost me $5 each in hardware and some looking on tuesday (trash day).
>> I built them so they set back on my short Blackburn rack so I had heel
>> clearance. Very easy access and when unloading you can use the other one as
>> a shelf to place items. Rear water bottle mounts were also a bonus. Easy
>> access and totally water tight. I saw another rider on the trail with these
>> and his only complaint was too much storage room.
>> Check out the photo on flickr:
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/**37678222@N02/8076880501/in/**
>> photostream/lightbox/<http://www.flickr.com/photos/37678222@N02/8076880501/in/photostream/lightbox/>
>> Let me know if anyone wants to see closeups of the hardware mounts.
>>
>> Tom Dusky
>>
>  --
> For more options, visit this group at

Vote early, vote often, vote Rhinoceros!
*http://tinyurl.com/d7muj2t*