Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 17:30:22 -0700
From: karl.fundenber...@gmail.com
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Subject: [RBW] What should I do with my slightly-too-small bike?

My 59cm Rivendell Road Standard, I have finally decided, is too small for me.
It has been a fabulous bike for me; but it is what it is — a road bike, when
really, I've wanted a touring bike.

Here are some photos, with the newest toward the bottom:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fundenphoto/sets/72157625044930434/

It is currently running Rivendell's 609mm rims, with the (approx. 34mm)
Schwalbe tires. I put these on when I discovered the bike wouldn't clear
anything wider than a 700x28 tire.

I have my eyes on the Velo-Orange Campeur - which I'm thinking I may build up
from a frame. Any proceeds from the Riv sale would be funneled toward the VO
build.

I see my Rivendell options as follows:

- Sell the complete bike as it is built. (plus the original 700c wheels)
- Cannibalize the parts for the Campeur project; sell the Riv frame.
- Hang some or all of it up in the attic.

What do you think?

Of course, it would be nice to partially fund the next project... but perhaps
it would be better to keep the Rivendell? What am I overlooking?