>From the photos it doesn't look too small: there is the canonical one fist
of seatpost, for example. Does it not feel right? If not, I'd say (again,
judging from the photos) that it is the right size and simply needs to be
refitted properly.

As for use, only you can decide what you want. But I can say from bitter
personal experience that wants change; I've jettisoned many things
including a few bikes thinking I'd never again want them, only to discover
in a couple of years that, whoops! those were bad decisions. (Eric, no, I
don't regret selling the Motobecane. I do regret selling my 1989 Falcon and
my '95 Riv custom, AND my Monocog 29er and a few others.)

If I were you, I'd hang it up for a couple of years. If at the end of that
time I still had no use for it, I'd sell it to someone who does want it.

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Will <waller.will...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Get a longer stem. And/Or a setback seatpost. Get a couple of decent racks
> for light touring. KEEP THAT BIKE.
>
> On Friday, October 12, 2012 7:30:23 PM UTC-5, Karl Fundenberger wrote:
>>
>> My 59cm Rivendell Road Standard, I have finally decided, is too small for
>> me. It has been a fabulous bike for me; but it is what it is — a road bike,
>> when really, I've wanted a touring bike.
>>
>> Here are some photos, with the newest toward the bottom:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/**fundenphoto/sets/**72157625044930434/<http://www.flickr.com/photos/fundenphoto/sets/72157625044930434/>
>>
>> It is currently running Rivendell's 609mm rims, with the (approx. 34mm)
>> Schwalbe tires. I put these on when I discovered the bike wouldn't clear
>> anything wider than a 700x28 tire.
>>
>> I have my eyes on the Velo-Orange Campeur - which I'm thinking I may
>> build up from a frame. Any proceeds from the Riv sale would be funneled
>> toward the VO build.
>>
>> I see my Rivendell options as follows:
>>
>> - Sell the complete bike as it is built. (plus the original 700c wheels)
>> - Cannibalize the parts for the Campeur project; sell the Riv frame.
>> - Hang some or all of it up in the attic.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Of course, it would be nice to partially fund the next project... but
>> perhaps it would be better to keep the Rivendell? What am I overlooking?
>>

>> <http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5302/5704499906_eea2119c83_m.jpg>
>>
>  --

Vote early, vote often, vote Rhinoceros!
*http://tinyurl.com/d7muj2t*