I don't think there's anything wrong with the S3X (unlike the
Schlumpf, I've built a couple of S3X wheels, one for myself), but
being able to use your existing wheelsets is an advantage, as is
having different shifter options. Or just having fun by solving a
problem in a different way.

You could ask the same question about the Metropolis, H-S, and
Schlumpf. Thumbs up to trying out the Metropolis!