I never thought of the connection, but yes, by coincidence I am a fan of
Jefferson Airplane.  The first three albums I bought as a teenager were:Sgt
Peppers, Surrealistic Pillow and The Band.  I've worn out multiple copies
of each in different media formats (thank god for the digital cloud!) along
with one of my favorite SF recordings,  Super Session w/Kooper, Bloomfield
and Stills.

Marc