Someone recommended gluing the wire inside the fender with silicone
caulking material -- I guess the idea is that you can more easily
remove it that if using, say, one of those rubbery Goop type
adhesives. Others have pried up the folded-over edge of the fender,
run the wire through, and folded it back over the wire. I think I'd
choose the former.

As for mounting the 4d lite plus: I always mounted mine high enough so
that the LED looks directly back, even is very slightly uptilted --
LED rear lights all seem very sensitive to precise orientation, as I
once again discovered when testing a very bright one * on the strap of
the new Sackville. Even a slight downward orientation -- as all seem
to hang when so mounted on saddlebags -- considerably diminishes the
effect when seen at distance from the rear.

Rick Risemberg of Bicycle Fixations has put tens of thousands of miles
on PB polycarbonate fenders (I think they are PB; at any rate, they
are polycar) with such a light mounted on the rear, PJW's warning
notwithstanding.

* I forget the name and brand, but it is considerably brighter even
than the PB Superflash.

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Kelly <tkslee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Light I'm installing is a Busch & Müller 4D Lite Plus.
>
> I put one of these on a Long Board against recommendations and it seems to
> work fine.  Bright and more than capable of being the only rear light.
>
> Now I'm ready to put this on my AHH with Berthoud fenders.  Anyway I was
> looking for conduit to run along the inside of the fender and wondering the
> best way to attach wire / conduit to the fenders.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kelly
>
> PS
> Do you know of optimum mounting point for functionality of this light or ..
> It appears to point LEDs down a hair indicating a mounting mid way up on
> curve of fender.  Just my opinion.

Vote early, vote often, vote Rhinoceros!
http://tinyurl.com/d7muj2t