I have been fairly active on this list since I got my Sam last summer.
I have participated in discussions, bought and sold a few things
(including my Sam, thanks Forrest) and generally tried to be helpful
when I have something to add. I find the people here generally quite
knowledgable and friendly. It is a good groupvand I'm happy to be part
of it.

Once in a while, though, I have experienced something which to be
seems very strange and a bit insulting. A few times people have
refused to complete a transaction with me when they find out I live
overseas. Shipping costs have not been the issue, it seems more loke a
lack of willingness to trust a random foriegner on the internet.

I just lost a sale on another group in circumstances like those. The
buyer got the answeres he was looking for to his questions and then
balked when he saw thay my email wasn't from the US.

I feel like I'm missing something here.

Jay