There's often threads on this forum, and others, about cycling apparel
that isn't Lycra.  One thing I think would sell like hotcakes is a
very accurate reproduction of the cycling shorts made previously by
Hebden Cord in England.  These shorts, while still "cycling specific"
in their design would wear nicely off the bike without looking too
racy.

Here's a couple of sites that show the cycling shorts:

http://www.archivalclothing.com/2006/11/hebden-cord-co-ltd.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smallwheelsociety/4669291206/

I'm lucky if I can sew a missing button back on a shirt, or I'd
attempt to reproduce the shorts myself.

Jim Cloud
Tucson, AZ