I've seen that (it was in part the inspiration) and I've read a lot of ride
reports; it seems good for a general sense of the route (waypoints) but in
some ways hard to apply.  (1) I can't actually find a detailed route or
map, and (2) as far as I know entirely on roads, and I'd like to mix in
some gravel when possible.  I also wouldn't mind rail-trails, etc. (3) it's
meant to be a bit of a challenge (a couple gap climbs, for instance); I'm
not seeking to avoid challenge, but I'm not looking to add hills simply for
the sake of hills.